The DJ6 drilling jar remains one of the toughest and most durable in the industry. The two way action of the jar gives the operator the ability to work the tool both, upwards and downwards. This particular jar operates mechanically downward, and hydraulically upward. Cougar’s proprietary internal mechanical latch (Figure 1) assures that the jar will not accidentally fire while tripping or making connections.
Features and Benefits
- Proprietary internal latch prevents jar from misfiring downhole while tripping
- No need for an external safety clamp on surface
- Ability to reset latch and return to drilling without pulling out of the hole
- Fully sealed, lubricated for longer service life
- -Suitable for fishing operations